If you’re starting to think about the May qualifier and want to know all the details, then this is the post for you to read!
The first qualifier of the 2021 SSMDTA season will be held May 1-2 at the Alachua County Agricultural and Equestrian Complex (formerly Canterbury Showplace) in Newberry, FL. It has a covered arena (150’x250′), 200 stalls and 50 campsites.
Each stall comes with 2 bags of shavings, but you are able to bring or purchase additional shavings if needed.
- April 2 – Entry Form, Rider List and $100 Deposit DUE.
Whoa! Rider List? That’s new … what is it? Since I need to track the riders in each class to determine who gets ribbons vs point and to accumulate points for the year, I need a list of what riders are entering each class. Worried about last minute changes? You can update the list with the Show Secretary at the show, but must be done before we leave the facility.
- April 16 – Courtesy Lap Write- ups (Theme only), Short Program Diagram, Coggins Sheet, Facility Releases & Music DUE.
– Use your Courtesy Lap write-ups to promote your theme and help judges understand how the music, costumes and theme go together. Don’t assume they’ve seen the movie you were inspired by.
– Entries in the short program are required to submit a copy of their drill so the judges have this in hand. This helps them to know when the 6 required moves are coming. Please indicate the 6 required moves on your diagram.
– Coggins sheet is linked below for your convenience.
– This facility requires their own releases to be signed and turned in. They have one for adults and one for riders under 18. Please print and sign the appropriate forms and send them in with your paperwork.
– Music needs to be submitted via email, Dropbox or other electronic means so we can have the sound ready to go.
- April 23 – Final Payment DUE.
If you only paid the $100 deposit previously, the remainder of your balance is due via check or PayPal (friends and family).